Here’s the link to register for worship: https://reopen.church/r/Owh4VLnl
Great news! We’re reopening BPC for worship services beginning on July 5th! We’re really excited, and know you are as well. There are a few things we need you to know in regard to exactly how we are open, with your safety as our first concern. First and foremost, per CDC guidelines, we want to encourage all those 60 years of age or over and those with pre-existing medical conditions to continue to worship with us via our online service options. We will continue to offer online worship throughout all our reopening phases and probably well beyond that.
- To ensure proper social distancing, we are asking you to make a reservation for worship. There will be an online signup for you to use, so we can properly track who is in attendance. Attendance will be limited to the first 40 to RSVP. The link for this will be sent out the Monday before via “The Week Ahead” email. Links for the reservation sight can also be found on the church’s website and Facebook page. You can also call Cindi Lake at the office 563-355-6494 and make your reservation with her.
- When you get to church, please have a mask on. At the door where your temperature will be taken and your name checked off the registration list. If your temperature is over 100 degrees you will not be allowed to enter.
- When you come inside you’ll go to a staging queue in the narthex.
- Usher will allow admittance into the sanctuary and you can pick your seat
- You’re asked to enter and exit at the center aisle, using the main sanctuary doors only.
- Please sit on the “wall-side” of the marked-off area to ensure six feet from the aisle.
- Masks are to be worn at all times.
- At the end of the service you will be dismissed by pew and we request that you exit the building. No other areas of the building will be accessible on Sundays.
- You are welcome to fellowship in the parking lot following worship but please practice social distancing as you do.
A couple of notes:
- No Communion held during July
- During phase one of reopening music will be a part of the worship service, but we will refrain from congregational singing. We will use the music offerings as a time of devotion, reflection and prayer.
- No fellowship hour/coffee hour
- Bathrooms are available for emergencies only, as we need to clean and sanitize after every use.
- There will be no nursery for the time-being
- We ask you to only use the upper parking lot and the main sanctuary door
- If you wish to gather but not worship inside, outside seating is available on the patio/lawn on East side of sanctuary, weather permitting. This option will be sound-only, as we do not have a method of projecting outdoors. You do NOT need to register for outdoor seating. If you use this option, we ask:
- That you don’t walk through building, but walk around to the patio
- That you abide by social distancing guidelines and sit in family groupings
- We will continue a live stream of the worship services for those who wish to stay home.
During this initial phase of reopening If there is evidence, at any time, of an increase in virus cases in the QCA that threaten to put a strain on our hospitals and health care providers – or if we have a confirmed case here at church – we will immediately discontinue our live worship and go back to offering online worship only.
Friends, I know that this is not ideal and that there will be bugs that will have to work out during this phase of reopening as well as all of the others, so I would beg your patience as we navigate these uncharted waters together.
Yours in Christ,