Check back soon! Groups will be available for registration in August 2019!
What is a “Small Group”?
- A Small Group at BPC is a group of 8-15 people who have chosen to meet weekly in a welcoming setting to discuss scripture and Christian topics for the purpose of building relationships with Christ and one another.
- BPC Small Groups meet by “trimesters”, usually around 10-12 weeks. This gives you a definite beginning and end- being in a particular group isn’t a life sentence!
Why should I get involved with a Small Group?
- Building relationships: A small group gives you the opportunity to get to know people at a deeper level. Sunday mornings are an awesome time to worship with the whole family of God, hear a sermon, engage in corporate vision, etc. but a small group gives you a chance to build deeper friendships with people you might not otherwise get to know.
- Learning the Word of God: Sunday’s sermon is a great time to get a broad teaching of the Word of God. However, small groups provide time for one on one discussion. Small Groups at BPC are discussion-based so we can all be involved in the conversation if wish.
- Opportunity to Serve Others: Each of our Small Groups are invited to take part in a mission-focused activity each semester.
- Place to invite friends: A small group is a natural place to invite friends and family. Sometimes people are more comfortable going to a small group then attending a Sunday morning service.
- Follow the New Testament pattern: Acts 2:42-47 gives us a blueprint of what the early church was passionately committed to. The early Christ Followers gathered in homes, shared meals, read the Word, prayed together, and simply shared life together. When you participate in a small group you are following the New Testament pattern.