Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study, to support the mission of the church worldwide, to work for justice and peace, and to build an inclusive caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church USA and witnesses to the promise of God’s Kingdom.
You can also subscribe to Horizons magazine today! Check it out at http://www.pcusa.org/pcusa/horizons.
Bettendorf Presbyterian Church has a long history of holding mission giving as one of its highest priorities. Nowhere is that commitment more strong than with BPC’s Presbyterian Women organization. In its most recent planning retreat, PW committed that at least 50% of its annual budget would go to its mission partners.
BPC’s PW is a vital and fruitful sisterhood whose heart for mission has never been stronger.
Honorary Life Membership in Presbyterian Women at the national level (Presbyterian Church USA) is the highest award a woman in PW can receive. This award is conferred upon an individual woman from our congregation each year in recognition of faithful service and dedication in one or more areas of our church’s ministry. Each year the B.P.C. PW awards this honor in May, at the Mother/Daughter banquet. The recipient receives a pin, plaque and recognition. For many women who give so much to our church, this might be the only time they are recognized. Whether this is a woman who is behind the scenes or in front of everyone – we want your nominations.
- Mother-Daughter Banquet, First Saturday in May at BPC. The Honorary Life Membership award is presented at this event.
- Summer Coffee
- Christmas Brunch and Cookie Walk, First Saturday in December, in Fellowship Hall
- Charis Circle
- Greek meaning: “Grace, God’s undeserved love and favor”.
- Circle of Joy
- Circle of Joy is a group of women who joyfully encounter God through studying His word and through fellowship with others. The study we are currently using is from the Horizon Bible Study. Our circle’s mission is to support the Handicapped Development Center in Davenport. We are a day circle and meet the 4th Tuesday of each month from September through May at the church at 10:00 a.m. We would love to have you join us.
- Deborah Circle
- A group of strong independent women working in God’s Kingdom.
- Friendship Circle
- Friends supporting others and one another.
- Mary/Martha Circle
- Mary/Martha is a group of women who love to study the Bible, love to be involved in the life of the church and love gathering together for fun and fellowship. This circle started meeting about 25 years ago and we continue to meet on the fourth Tuesday evening of each month at 7:00. Mary Hasty and Andrea Keefe are co-leaders and Linda Turner is our Bible study leader. This year we are using the Horizon’s bible study “Reconciling Paul – A Contemporary Study of 2 Corinthians”. Our mission is the College Care packages. We gather goodies and treats, with the help of the congregation, then we package and send the care boxes to each BPC college student during finals week the first of December. Our circle members have celebrated our children’s graduations, weddings, and new babies, along with sharing aging parent issues. We love to see new faces at our meetings.
PW Officers 2016-2017
|Moderator 1||Caryn Gauss|
|Moderator 2||Judy Benson|
|Historian||Barb Biggs, Sharon Getty|
|• Christmas Brunch||Lynn Stotlar
|• Cookie Walk||Joyce Holst
|• Mother / Daughter Banquet||Sharon Pipe
Kathleen Van Horn
|• Search Committee||Sharon Getty, Caryn Gauss, Carol Schnyder, Margie Froeschle|
|Charis||Jane Lesch and Judy Benson|
|Circle of Joy||Sharon Getty|
|Friendship||Sharon Pipe and Ginny Tudeen|
|Mary/Martha||Mary Hasty and Andrea Keefe|